Believe it or not, I’ve only just joined the mug cake fanclub, but now there’s no going back. Mug cakes are ideal for those moments when you need something sweet but don’t want to bake an entire cake, with the added bonus of being possible to whip up in a matter of minutes. I loved using Rebel’s Chai Mylk for this cake to give it the sweetness of the warming spices, but I’m sure it would work equally well with any other flavour, or indeed any other plant-based milk. I’d recommend adding some cinnamon or other flavours if you’re using plain milks – get experimenting!
1/3 mashed banana
1/3 cup self raising flour
¼ tsp baking powder
5 tbsp Rebel Chai Mylk
- With a fork, mix together the flour and baking powder in a large mug.
- Mash the banana in a separate dish until it forms a smooth “gloop” without any chunks in it.
- Add the banana and Chai Mylk into the flour, and mix well until it forms a cake batter texture without any lumps.
- Microwave for 80 seconds on 800W (but watch it to ensure that it doesn’t overcook or burn – each microwave may vary, and cooking for too long may make the cake too rubbery instead of the gooey deliciousness that it should be).
- Allow to stand for one minute to cool. I like to top mine with chocolate sauce or syrup, fruit and chocolate chips for a real party in a mug.