Happy belated New Year!
I hope that you have all started 2016 feeling happy, healthy and rested after the festive season. Now that we’re well into January, I felt it was time to write a short post containing some news and aspirations, plus a short poll so that you can have your say too! (See the bottom of this post to get involved.)
- Firstly, some new little tweaks to existing blog pages that I wanted to let you all know about. I’ve been lucky enough this Christmas to receive a number of amazing cookbooks and kitchen accessories as gifts, and I’ve added a short description of my favourites to the ‘My Favourites’ section so that you can add them to your own wish lists. Find recipe books on the ‘In My Library’ page, and my favourite present, a Yonanas machine, on the ‘On My Worktop’ page. I update these regularly, so keep checking back for more!
- The new issue of Healthy Magazine (available from Holland and Barrett) had a feature on ‘What Healthy Vegans Eat’, and I’m delighted to have been asked to list five changes I noticed when going vegan that were included in the article. Did any of you get a copy?
I don’t usually make resolutions at the start of a New Year, but this year I set myself some general goals that I want to achieve over the next twelve months. (General, I say, so that they aren’t rigid and therefore can’t be broken…) Here are some of the hopes I have for 2016 – share yours in the comments below…
- Get stronger and functionally fitter. I don’t ever set specific exercise or health goals as they can lead to a downward spiral of feeling like a failure and becoming obsessive for some people, so instead I’ve set a general goal to get stronger and fitter than I currently am. This isn’t to change the way I look, but instead to alter how I feel and what I can do. I want to be able to lift heavy suitcases and run across town without struggling, so let’s see what happens.
- Be present. With more and more of us spending spare moments scrolling on our smartphones, I want to make a conscious effort this year to reduce the amount of time I spend online, particularly when in the company of others. I find it incredibly sad when I see groups of friends or a couple on a date being interrupted when one member of the party checks their phone, so I’m going to do my best to keep my phone hidden away and pay attention to the people I’m with instead.
- Get creative with my time. Time is precious, and there are so many things I want to do with mine that it’s about time I got organised and started making time. Getting better at photography, getting creative in the kitchen and reading that ever-growing list of books are all going to be appearing in my schedule this year. What things do you want to make more time for in 2016?
- I have some big changes planned for Natural Nomad in 2016, one of these being a complete revamp of this blog. Stay tuned!
- More recipes, more articles and more involvement from you! Which brings me on to the next point…
What do you want to see more of from Natural Nomad in 2016?
What articles spike your interest? What kind of recipes tick your boxes? Fill in the poll below and let me know, or email me (email@example.com) if you have any other suggestions – I’ll do my best to make it happen!